The SFB is an interdisciplinary initiative involving subprojects with a direct collaboration between Chemistry and Physics as well as between experimental and theoretical groups. In some projects the knowledge of a technique in the other field is mandatory. Since not all PhD students will initially have the necessary experience in chemical and physical aspects, we offer crash courses in relevant experimental or theoretical techniques.
Possible topics include:
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- Focussed Ion Beam
- Scanning Tunneling Microscopy
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Laser techniques
- Simulations using numerical libraries and mathematical software (Mathematica, Maple, MuPad)
- Polymer synthesis and polymer physics
- Small/Wide Angle X-ray Scattering
- Light scattering
- LabView programming
Please contact the board of the IRTG if you are interested.